Monday, September 10, 2012

A proper comeback: Fashion Week in NYC

Let Auntie Mary tell you a story. That of her longest blogging-hiatus to date.

I'll start by saying that the last couple of months have felt like one long, bad day. So there's that.

I was becoming very comfortable and complacent in my life at home in Cleveland. I had a big apartment, a puppy, my guy, my friends, and everyone and everything that was sane and normal and familiar to me. And it was making me insane. I didn't do anything except watch tv, paint my nails, and drink with my friends. I mean, all of that stuff is awesome, but not all day, every day.

My close friends and family members have always known about my ambitions to move to New York City and pursue a(ny) career in fashion. Sometime around July, I got an opportunity to move with my company. I took a good look at my home comforts and bailed. And it will go down in my personal history as the hardest decision I've ever made. I spent my first several nights here teary-eyed and sniffling like a toddler lost in a supermarket.

And then cool stuff started happening. This is why I'm here again.

Enormous shout-out to Keiko Lynn and Kim Pesch for making the next several posts possible.

This is Catherine Malandrino Spring/Summer 2013.

















I think I'll stay.


Mary

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I think you probably should stay haha I am so incredibly happy you stuck (and keep sticking) it out. It’s only going to get better from here! Love you, babe!!

    ReplyDelete